Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Handstands!

When I was a kid, I always thought handstands were easy. Not that I ever manage to do one for more than a second, but I figured I just hadn't found the trick yet. As I got older and less willowy, handstands seemed even harder. Luckily, I found someone to help me get to my goal. Sam, Shira, and co at the Athletic Playground are excellent teachers that start you off safely, no matter what your level, and can challenge you with advanced exercises once you have the basics down. It's a great class to drop in on and learn a bit, but you might find yourself coming back to perfect your art. It's also a great workout for your core and to strengthen your shoulders and wrists, which is important for code-monkeys like me.

Want to feel like a kid again?  Get upside-down for a bit.

Website: Athletic Playground Handstand class — https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/ASP/home.asp?studioid=4796
When: Multiple classes per week
Where: Athletic Playground, San Pablo and 48th Str, Emeryville
How Much: $15 drop-in, bulk and monthly plans available.

No comments:

Post a Comment